Onboarding and Employee Retention
With the number of highly educated, foreign-born workers in the labor force increasing rapidly, hiring foreign nationals has become not just advantageous, but necessary to compete in the global economy.
According to a 2006 National Science Foundation survey, foreign-born students accounted for:
- 36.2% of science PhDs awarded
- 63.6% engineering PhDs awarded
- 80% of chemical and materials science and engineering PhDs awarded
A major challenge for organizations is ensuring their workforce can adapt and thrive in such a diverse environment. Incorporating accent reduction and comprehension into your employee orientation programs helps accelerate the integration process; this gives all members of your team the tools they need to understand and communicate efficiently. Your team will spend less time on basic training and correcting misunderstandings. Instead, they’ll focus their resources on creating value for your organization.
Our accent reduction and comprehension programs have also been successful in reducing employee turnover by fostering a stronger team environment. Accents International's programs remove accent barriers and help employees collaborate more effectively, ultimately increasing employee engagement, job satisfaction and productivity.
- Training new employees is 75% more expensive than retaining existing employees.
- Most employees who leave the company do so within the first 90 days. Accents International's communication training helps reduce the number who do.
From Our Clients
"(This) has been the best program I have ever attended. I can say that (a) good amount of research has gone into development of the program materials. Course structure is also very well designed, it starts with the basics and slowly builds-on to add complexity seamlessly."
- Participant from a Top 5 Consulting Firm
We would love to speak with you.