Accents International provides teacher training to faculty and graduate students at US accredited colleges and universities. These programs are designed for speech pathologists, linguists, university TESOL instructors, and TESOL graduate students.
Program Attendees Learn:
- The essential cultural competencies for teaching American pronunciation to professionals for whom English is a second language
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching:
- 21 standard American English vowels sounds
- 26 standard American English consonant sounds
- 40+ patterns of rhythm, stress, and intonation
- How to create assessments and interdisciplinary (customized) practice guides
- A methodology for teaching effective self-study strategies for long-term skill acquisition and carryover
- Answers to nearly every question non-native English speakers ask about American pronunciation
Taught By Judy Ravin:
Teacher training programs are conducted exclusively by Judy Ravin, President and Founder of Accents International. Ravin has worked with faculty and graduate students at:
- The US Foreign Services Institute – School of Language Studies
- State University of New York, Albany
- Tennessee State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
Ravin has also taught English pronunciation to international MBA students at the University of Michigan-Ross School of Business and Cornell University-Johnson School of Business, as well as students at the U.S. Defense Language Institute.
Career: Biostatistical Engineer
Native Language: Mandarin Chinese
My performance appraisal consistently indicated the need for improved communication skills... After the training, I was able to self-correct mispronunciations... and my speech improvements have enabled successful working relationships with other business groups.
From Our Clients
"I was also very much impressed with her continued help after the training sessions were over. I approached her recently asking whether she would have time to help me with pronunciation of some words, and she was more than willing to give me very helpful feedback."
We would love to speak with you.