Accents International provides teacher training to faculty and graduate students at US accredited colleges and universities. These programs are designed for speech pathologists, linguists, university TESOL instructors, and TESOL graduate students.
Program Attendees Learn:
- The essential cultural competencies for teaching American pronunciation to professionals for whom English is a second language
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching:
- 21 standard American English vowels sounds
- 26 standard American English consonant sounds
- 40+ patterns of rhythm, stress, and intonation
- How to create assessments and interdisciplinary (customized) practice guides
- A methodology for teaching effective self-study strategies for long-term skill acquisition and carryover
- Answers to nearly every question non-native English speakers ask about American pronunciation
Taught By Judy Ravin:
Teacher training programs are conducted exclusively by Judy Ravin, President and Founder of Accents International. Ravin has worked with faculty and graduate students at:
- The US Foreign Services Institute – School of Language Studies
- State University of New York, Albany
- Tennessee State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
Ravin has also taught English pronunciation to international MBA students at the University of Michigan-Ross School of Business and Cornell University-Johnson School of Business, as well as students at the U.S. Defense Language Institute.
Industry: Information Technology
My boss said sometimes people don't understand me because of my accent. This was my first experience with distance learning and it went great. I now feel the improvement in every aspect of my life, both personal and professional.
From Our Clients
"(This) has been the best program I have ever attended. I can say that (a) good amount of research has gone into development of the program materials. Course structure is also very well designed, it starts with the basics and slowly builds-on to add complexity seamlessly."
- Participant from a Top 5 Consulting Firm
We would love to speak with you.