Accents International provides teacher training to faculty and graduate students at US accredited colleges and universities. These programs are designed for speech pathologists, linguists, university TESOL instructors, and TESOL graduate students.
Program Attendees Learn:
- The essential cultural competencies for teaching American pronunciation to professionals for whom English is a second language
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching:
- 21 standard American English vowels sounds
- 26 standard American English consonant sounds
- 40+ patterns of rhythm, stress, and intonation
- How to create assessments and interdisciplinary (customized) practice guides
- A methodology for teaching effective self-study strategies for long-term skill acquisition and carryover
- Answers to nearly every question non-native English speakers ask about American pronunciation
Taught By Judy Ravin:
Teacher training programs are conducted exclusively by Judy Ravin, President and Founder of Accents International. Ravin has worked with faculty and graduate students at:
- The US Foreign Services Institute – School of Language Studies
- State University of New York, Albany
- Tennessee State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
Ravin has also taught English pronunciation to international MBA students at the University of Michigan-Ross School of Business and Cornell University-Johnson School of Business, as well as students at the U.S. Defense Language Institute.
Industry: Food Manufacturing
I began to work in the US, and I realized people couldn't understand me because of my pronunciation... I knew the program was a success when I had a conversation with the VP of my company shortly after training ended. We were discussing critical approaches our company is taking and he commented on how much easier it was to understand me.
From Our Clients
"I believe you heard this from each and every one of your students, but you really help not only with the accent but you boost the self assurance of each of the persons that is lucky enough to be on your training. I did enjoy the experience not only for the improvement on the way I communicate but also for the professionalism and concern you put into the task of helping me. It is (normal for me) to keep the upmost respect for the teachers I had during my learning years. You sure have a special place among them due to your dedication and for the tremendous impact your teaching has had in my career."
- Participant from a Leading Technology Company
We would love to speak with you.