Judy Ravin, President and Co-Founder
Judy Ravin is the Founder of the Accent Reduction Institute, Inc. and Co-Founder of Accents International, LLC. She is also the author of bestselling software-based learning systems for rapid language acquisition. Ravin is dedicated to minimizing communication barriers in a global workforce while maintaining each person’s unique cultural identity. She’s earned international recognition for helping Fortune 100 corporations create high performance teams, achieve greater client satisfaction, and promote non-native English speakers to leadership positions.
Ravin is best known for her two learning and development programs: Powerful Pronunciation and Inclusive Listening: Global Accent Comprehension; collectively known as the Ravin Method®. Powerful Pronunciation gives non-native English speakers articulation techniques for the sounds in English that do not occur in other languages. It lets fluent speakers take their pronunciation to the next level and speak with greater clarity, confidence, and ease. Inclusive Listening teaches people, regardless of language background, how to systematically ‘tune their ear’ to global accents.
Ravin has taught at the University of Michigan-Ross School of Business, Cornell University-Johnson School of Business, and the U.S. Defense Language Institute. She is a Fellow at George Mason University-Center for Infrastructure Protection & Homeland Security. Ravin has served as a subject matter expert for: NATO, the National Education Association, General Motors, Cisco, Korn Ferry, Thomson Reuters, Hewlett Packard, and others.
Ravin has been featured in The New York Times, The International Herald Tribune, DiversityInc.com, the Los Angeles Times, AOL-Daily Finance, USA Today, and the Wall Street Journal, as well as on CNN.com, NPR, Voice of America, CBS Radio-National News, and NBC Nightly News: www.lessaccent.com.
A brief sampling of Judy's speaking engagements:
- 2019 Beryl Institute Patient Experience Conference (Dallas, TX)
- 2018 Exelon's National “Diversity Day” (Baltimore, MD)
- 2017 ASCEND (Pan-Asian Leaders) National Conference (Houston, TX)
- 2016 ASCEND (Pan-Asian Leaders) National Conference (Los Angeles, CA)
- 2014 NATO eLearning Conference, Keynote Speaker (U.S. Command Center, Suffolk, VA)
- 2014 International Association for Training and Development Conference & EXPO (Washington, DC)
- 2014 Multicultural Forum on Workplace Diversity (Minneapolis, MN)
- 2014 National Conference, HCA - Hospital Corporation of America (Nashville, TN)
- 2014 PepsiCo Global Diversity Summit (NYC)
- 2010 -2012 U.S. Department of Defense; Leadership Development and Education for Sustained Peace, (Washington, DC; Warsaw, Poland; Nuremberg, Germany)
- 2010 Worldwide Aviation Training Conference (Orlando, FL)
Barbara Niemann, CLO and Co-Founder
Barb Niemann is Chief Learning Officer and Co-Founder of Accents International, LLC. She is a learning and development executive with a proven ability to provide high-value client solutions that demonstrate business impact. Her specialties include:
- Establishing enterprise-wide learning and talent development solutions that fill a skills gap for non-native English speakers
- Coaching executives and emerging top talent to support a global workforce
- Executing large scale, live and web-based training programs that are customized per industry and business service line
- Developing accent reduction (aka English pronunciation) training programs for corporate-wide talent development initiatives.
Barb has a track record at Fortune 100 corporations of helping them onboard and execute learning programs that align talent development initiatives with their organizational objectives.
As CLO at Accents International and, prior to this position, at the Accent Reduction Institute, Inc., Barb has been responsible for the overall design and delivery of live (synchronous), web-based accent reduction training programs. Satisfaction with services rendered has been over 99%; many participants acknowledged the training as being the most transformative professional development opportunity they received.
Barb has excelled as a learning development leader and has:
- Certified, mentored, and managed 18 faculty who’ve trained over 2200 corporate professionals. Her leadership style promotes excellence by providing faculty with the tools and structure needed to enhance their professional expertise and efficiency
- Created comprehensive assessments to establish metrics-based outcomes that demonstrated program ROI; average rate of improvement was 72% in 12 hours of training
- Attained approval by The National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) to provide CPE credits for the financial services sector
- Implemented a best-in-class virtual learning platform; reduced the cost of delivering programs by more than 60%
- Conducted English pronunciation training programs at the University of Michigan, Ross School of Business; Michigan State University, Broad College of Business; and Cornell University, Johnson Graduate School of Management
- Established and oversaw student internships for the University of Michigan, Department of Linguistics
We would love to speak with you.
Accent Reduction Classes Inclusive Listening:
Tuning Your Ear to Accents®
From Our Clients
"There are some vowel sounds that I have been struggling with for years and she is the first instructor that can come up with personalized, effective methods of correcting them."
- Participant from a Top 4 Professional Services Company