Accents International provides teacher training to faculty and graduate students at US accredited colleges and universities. These programs are designed for speech pathologists, linguists, university TESOL instructors, and TESOL graduate students.
Program Attendees Learn:
- The essential cultural competencies for teaching American pronunciation to professionals for whom English is a second language
- Step-by-step techniques for teaching:
- 21 standard American English vowels sounds
- 26 standard American English consonant sounds
- 40+ patterns of rhythm, stress, and intonation
- How to create assessments and interdisciplinary (customized) practice guides
- A methodology for teaching effective self-study strategies for long-term skill acquisition and carryover
- Answers to nearly every question non-native English speakers ask about American pronunciation
Taught By Judy Ravin:
Teacher training programs are conducted exclusively by Judy Ravin, President and Founder of Accents International. Ravin has worked with faculty and graduate students at:
- The US Foreign Services Institute – School of Language Studies
- State University of New York, Albany
- Tennessee State University
- Hawaii Pacific University
Ravin has also taught English pronunciation to international MBA students at the University of Michigan-Ross School of Business and Cornell University-Johnson School of Business, as well as students at the U.S. Defense Language Institute.
Industry: Global Software Solutions
I could communicate before, but this program took my English to the next level. I'm more confident... I no longer hold back, and speaking comes more naturally.
From Our Clients
"I used to dread talking on the phone. I was always trying to find ways to write; if I write then the person can read it. Talking on the phone was so awful, but now I have a telephone conversation and nobody asks me to repeat myself. It's really exciting!"
- Yasmin Zakari, ARI Participant and ESL Student
We would love to speak with you.