Accent Reduction Classes in Action
Accents International (formerly the Accent Reduction Institute) is the internationally recognized leader in the field of accent reduction. Many companies claim to be the industry leader, but only Accents International has the track record to prove it. Our accent reduction talent development programs have been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, USA Today, the Los Angeles Times, AOL Daily Finance, and in a special report for NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams: www.accentsinternational.org.
- Accent reduction and accent comprehension training programs have enabled thousands of non-native English speakers to collaborate with greater clarity and precision, provide a higher level of client service, and lead with confidence.
- Faculty are certified speech language pathologists and linguists who've taught English pronunciation at the university level. They are also bilingual and know, first-hand, the difficulties of learning to use new pronunciation patterns.
- Our best-in-class learning infrastructure supports our best-in-class accent reduction methodology. Using Accents International's virtual classrooms, participants see, hear, and share documents all over the world...in real-time. Our global classrooms accommodate private and/or group instruction; in-house IT specialists provide support to all distance-learning participants. This distance learning format gives Accents International the ability to scale its programs to meet an organization's training needs.
- Leadership provides teacher training to faculty and graduate students at U.S. accredited colleges and universities. These programs are designed for speech pathologists, linguists, university TESOL instructors, and TESOL graduate students.
- Group and individual accent reduction programs are tailored to meet the needs of our clients and their employees. Participants learn accent reduction techniques for English vowels and consonants, and patterns of rhythm, stress, and intonation. Program participants experience a noticeable improvement after their first, sixty-minute session. The average rate of improvement is 70% when participants practice twenty minutes/day, five days/week. Participants can also expect a surge in confidence when speaking with colleagues and clients. NASBA approved CPE credits are available for qualifying business professionals.
Accent International's leadership, faculty, and program managers understand the nature of doing business in a global economy and we partner with our clients every step of the way. This includes tackling the sensitivity issue. We believe everyone has an accent and that accents contribute to each person's unique cultural identity. Our goal is not to remove accented speech from the workplace. On the contrary, it’s to embrace multiculturalism and teach multi-lingual professionals how to communicate their expertise clearly, confidently, and with ease. When requested, we give our clients specific verbiage and step-by-step processes to talk about the objective of our accent reduction programs: to eliminate language barriers while enabling people to fully empower and express themselves.
From NATO to Fortune 100 companies, our accent reduction programs have enabled thousands of professionals to communicate their best so they can be their best.